Monday, April 2, 2018
April Showers bring May flowers!!
How can you make your fitness routine blossom? How can you get the benefits of a personal trainer without spending the BIG BUCKS? What do fitness pros know that we don't?
1) The best trainer is the one inside your head.
"Positive self-talk can motivate you to stay active. While you exercise, tell yourself you're doing a good job. You'll be more likely to exercise again the next day."
2) A little prep goes a long way.
" Set out exercise clothes the night before. This help you roll out of bed and get moving."
3) Success requires some inner digging.
"Try to think about inspirational people and what inspires you."
4) Being slower and weaker can have its perks.
" Inviting a friend or family member over who is in better shape may push you harder."
5) Remember it is easier to cut calories than to burn them.
" Some people work out for months and wonder why they are not losing more weight than they have." So remember weight loss is 80% of what you eat and 20% of working out. So when you see that last piece of pie....try sharing with a friend!